Tutorial: Make Your Own Stencils for Polymer Clay

Materials used:
I started with a book of Art Nouveau jewelry designs for inspiration. 

I traced the design on the stencil material with a sharpie and then went over it with the stencil cutter. 

I used an acrylic roller to imprint the stencil on the clay,and then I painted it with the pearl ex powders and nail brushes. 

I went over the lines with gold acrylic paint. 

And then I put a layer of resin on top to protect it. 

I made a second stencil using a Tiffany stained glass window as inspiration. 

It had a lot of small pieces, which kept falling out of the stencil, so I glued it to a piece of card stock. 


Here it is imprinted on the clay:



























             Again, I painted it with the pearl ex powders. Here's the inspiration, the final piece, the drawing I started with, and the stencil.





My oven recently died, and I think it wasn't heating these pieces evenly because when I went to punch a hole in this one, it cracked. 



I got a Cricut Explore recently, and I'm excited to see how it does creating stencils. While I liked using the stencil cutter, the lines it made were a little rough. There were also a lot of little plastic bits that had to be cleaned up. It had trouble tracing some of the smaller details, too.


Popular posts from this blog

Using Aluminum Cans for Jewelry Making

Polymer Clay Tile Box